Datatables.Net

Monday, August 12, 2019

What to Pack!?!?!?

How does one pack appropriate clothes for a 9 month trip which touches all 4 seasons? To make things more difficult, the trip is also planned to range from the 60th parallel in Helsinki down to the 33rd in Morocco.



Christine has been planning her wardrobe options and the boys clothes for months. She just about has herself and them packed. However, we came to an understanding years ago that I pack much closer to the travel date - sometimes the night before - and I like my own luggage space. It's not that I don't like to share....it's just hard to explain how much space size 13 shoes take in a suitcase.

My first thought was to emulate what I did during a 2 week backpacking trip in the Sierra Nevadas - everything had to layer. This would work for most days where I was just with my family. Then I had to add both formal and casual clothes that could work for business meetings. Oh - I can't forget to bring my gear to play ultimate frisbee - fortunately, some of those double as both layers and my normal day to day clothes.

So without further ado, here is my list:
Basics: 9 Underwear, 5 White Socks, 4 Black Socks, 2 Wool Socks, Pajamas, 4 Bandana, Running Shoes
Lower: Leggings, Blue Jeans, 2 Convertible Pants, Long Underwear, Swim suit, Belt, Tevas
Upper: 2 Long Sleeve, 4 T-Shirts, Casual Dress Shirt, Light Hoodie, Rain Jacket, Beanie, Gloves
Work: 1 Black Slacks, 1 Blue Suit, 2 Dress Shirts, 2 Telaeris Shirts, 3 Ties, Black Jacket, Dress Shoes
Ultimate: 2 Shorts, Light Jersey, Dark Jersey, Long Sleeve Under Armor, Sweatshirt, Hat, Cleats

We'll see how I do in real cold weather, but I think the layers will be enough.  Hopefully, I am well enough equipped to play ultimate in the snow....people do that, don't they?

1 comment:

  1. If you need outdoor gear while there, look for Decathlon stores!

    ReplyDelete