Today was our first Saturday together in Paris and the boys were excited not to have to do any schoolwork. I was excited Dave could tour with us all day (each weekday he had meetings with prospective partners/clients). We have had wonderful weather and while it turned slightly chilly a few days into the trip, most days it's in the high 60's and only cooling about ten degrees at night. There have been some clouds and scattered sprinkles occasionally, but it frankly has been quite similar to San Diego weather.
We started out climbing the Arc de Triomphe to check out the view down the Champs Elysees to the obelisk at the Place de le Concorde and then to the Louvre, across to the Eiffel Tower, and over to Notre Dame. After having visited several of those sights, the boys were excited to spy them from up above. They've changed the viewing platform and roundabout below a bit from what I recall from my past visits. I remember being greatly amused by the multiple "lanes" of cars circling below and weaving in and out of each other. Certainly I don't recall seeing armed policemen at every tourist attraction, but I suppose that's our current reality. It was enjoyable nonetheless and reinforced Dave and my general opinion that wherever you go, you should climb up the tallest tower/structure you can.
Then we headed over to Musee Rodin where they had a guided kids tour that involved ipad and
headphones with a cartoon "Dante" leading you around starting at the Gates of Hell sculpture. The kids were certainly more engaged then I think they would have been otherwise. This is my favorite museum in Paris as I love Rodin's sculptures, the enjoyment of appreciating them outside in the garden as well as in the house in a manageable number of rooms.
However, we all enjoyed sitting down at a nearby restaurant for some refreshing drinks and food to rejuvenate us before a hike back across town to turn in for the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment