Datatables.Net

Sunday, September 8, 2019

The Europe Pizza Challenge - Paris

Andrew has a quest to try cheese pizza in every country we visit, so tonight was the night. I walked around the block from our apartment to a French Pizza place. The rest of the family was happy to be relaxing at home after a long, but enjoyable day exploring Paris. I ordered one cheese pizza and three individual pieces to go.

Oddly, it was not easy to order pizza:
  1. It was sold by weight, not by pie or piece.
  2. They did not appear to make custom pies.
  3. Their Pizza's were rectangular - about 12 inches by 24 inches.
  4. Their command of English was matched only by my command of French - not good!
After doing my best Charlie Chaplin, I got everything and a glass of water ordered. The next guy who came in spoke zero French and after not being able to order a custom pizza, decided to leave. Surprised that they don't have pizza boxes - instead wrap pizza to go in paper.

According to Andrew, this rated 110 on a scale of 1 to 100 on the pizza scale. It was AWESOME. Dad's note: he did refused the single basil leaf they put on each piece, cheese pizza purist that one is.

Pretty good pizza, but very expensive - 48€ for one complete pizza.  Good news was that I purchased a nice bottle of wine at the MonoPrix for 4€ - so maybe the prices balance out?

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Reminds me of my ordering of churros from the churro cart in Madrid was it? You buy them by the kg and they come wrapped in paper (presumably to soak up the grease). Since I didn’t know how to say fractions in Spanish and I certainly couldnt really understand how much a kg was especially while on the spot ordering, I must have ordered about a half kilo. That was A LOT of churros!!! I tried but definitely didn’t eat the whole thing, after all I was traveling by myself at the time. I love the pizza challenge! Liam also picks off each strand or leaf of basil. This is Andrea, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! Can't wait to see how pizza #2 measures. 110 is a high bar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Itll be interesting to see if all pizzas rate that high. Is that because you're depriving them of pizza?

    ReplyDelete